Keeping quality carpets, affordable.
12 Month Fitting Guarantee
Minimum 10 Year Warranty
Free Home Consultations
Free Excess waste removal
- 18 Colours
- 12 Colours
Southern Scarborough Twist£41.00
- 16 Colours
- 16 Colours
Cotswold Twist Deluxe 50oz£40.00
- 18 Colours
- Sale! 15 Colours25%
- 14 Colours
Silchester City Supreme£38.00
- Sale! 20 Colours30%
Lunar Twist Elite£23.10
- Sale! 14 Colours30%
- 8 Colours
- 38 Colours
- Sale! 16 Colours30%
Beacon Fields Twist£17.50
- 16 Colours
Cotswold Twist 40oz£35.00
- 16 Colours
Lunar Twist Grande£27.99
- Sale! 12 Colours30%
Northern Scarborough Twist£31.50
- Sale! 12 Colours30%
- 10 Colours
Abbey Wood Dual Tones£55.00
- Sale! 18 Colours35%
Need New Carpets? Ask our experts.
It can be very daunting on your first journey to buy your very first carpet or flooring for your home if you’ve never had the experience before. There can be many very important things to know when deciding on your final choice, which could affect your sooner and some later. Thats where we come in, with all our wealth in experience to help your along your journey, be it in the many different types of Carpets, Luxury vinyl tile, vinyl or Wood Flooring.
The first things to ask yourself is, what is the most important feature is that you would like the feature to have. The second, is is that what you most need from your new carpet? For example. If you would really like a wool carpet as it’s what you’ve grown up with, know and love but have a young family of 5 which would need a carpet thats resillient to spills and stains. These two (wants & needs) don’t always work together. This makes talking to a experienced professional more important than ever, with more and more carpets being available to us all. To give you very brief breakdown to start, Soft Carpets that have a slightly longer pile (or thread) and are generally composed of entirely man-made materials are known as Saxony carpets. The same composition which has a short pile (threads) and known as Twist Carpets. Looped pile carpets or textured carpets are carpet which have continuous thread looped end over end to create a consistent design. To give you a great understand of these and more, we’ve broken them down in detail below. Once we’ve given you an idea of the different types of flooring, we’lll follow that with what each carpet’s bring you in your home and which would be the best for you, dependant on your needs.
- Twist Carpets are described as two or more fibres twisted together
- Twist Carpets have a short pile and due to this nature as well as being tightly threaded together ensure they are hard wearing.
- As Twist Carpets are tightly threaded together and have a short pile they do not show footprints or leave fluff.
- These are ideal for high traffic areas such as hallways, stairs and landings, or any other hogh traffic areas such as a lounge with a walkway through to other busy rooms.
- A Soxony Carpet is discribed as having a deep pile (longer thread) along with a stright cut.
- A Saxony Carpet is soft & sumptuous as well as looking luxurious.
- Saxony Carpets are ideal for Bedrooms and Lounges due to their soft nature. It’s the first thing you step on (barefoot) when getting out of bed and the area you tend to relax in, in your home which makes these soft and luxurious carpets ideal for those areas.
- While soft and luxurious, these carpets are less likely to last as long in high traffic areas as a Twist carpet, because of the longer pile, whch will get flattened quicker.
- Loop Carpets are loops of twisted fibres that are left uncut.
- Loop Carpets can be used to create definition and interesting textures.
- Loop Carpets create a contemporary appearance.
- Popular in hallways and other high traffic areas. This is due to the looped nature, allowing itself to create a strong structure where the pie is less likely to flatten than a twist pile carpet would.
- These are not recommended for homes with pets as claws can catch in the loops and pull the strands out. The tighter the loop the less likely this is to happen.
- Come in the form of stripes, floral designs, damask and many more.
- Patterned Carpets will add a new dimension to any room.
- Patterned Carpets are, almost always, hard wearing
- Patterned Carpet are either traditionally woven or printed. Woven carpets are very hard wearing and a sign of high quality.
- Patterned Carpets tend to keep their appliance very well.
- While patterned carpets come in many different design, shapes, textures and forms, these carpets can normally be entrusted anywhere in the home, any room, on the stairs and hallways as well as Hotels.
Pattern or plain?
Subtle patterns tend to work better in smaller spaces, while bold designs suit larger areas.
Wool or synthetic?
Carpets are made from wool or man made fibres or a combination of the two. Each has it?s advantages: while wool is soft and retains its pile well, synthetics can be ultra stain resistant.
Do I need underlay?
The simple rule is buy the best underlay you can afford. A good underlay will improve the look, feel, insulation and wearability of your carpet. Sponge rubber underlay is soft and luxurious while recycled crumb rubber and polyurethane underlay is a more environmentally-friendly option.
Is carpet the right choice for my room?
Carpet suits most areas of the home, there are even carpets suitable for bathrooms and kitchens. If in doubt, ask one of our flooring experts to help.
How long will it last?
The amount of footfall across your floor is a major consideration and different fibres and blends can be more hardwearing. Again, we’ll be happy to advise you on the right choice.
I’ve got a tight budget.
If you are working to a particular cost, simply start from there and look at the options within your price range. We’ve got a massive selection to suit practically any budget.
Polypropylene carpets are a popular choice for homeowners and businesses alike due to their durability, affordability, and stain-resistant properties. Polypropylene is a synthetic material that is often used in the manufacturing of carpets because it is strong, lightweight, and resists moisture and chemicals. Here are some unique features and benefits of polypropylene carpets:
- Stain Resistance: Polypropylene carpets are highly resistant to staining, making them an excellent choice for high-traffic areas or homes with pets and children. This is due to the inherent properties of the material which make it difficult for stains to adhere to the fibres.
- Low Maintenance: Polypropylene carpets are easy to clean and maintain, requiring minimal effort to keep them looking their best. They can be vacuumed regularly and spot cleaned as needed.
- Durability: Polypropylene is a strong and durable material, meaning that carpets made from this material are long lasting and can withstand heavy foot traffic without showing wear and tear. This makes them an excellent choice for commercial applications.
- Colourfastness: Polypropylene carpets are resistant to fading, even when exposed to direct sunlight for extended periods. This means that they will maintain their colour and appearance for many years, even in areas with high levels of sunlight.
- Eco-Friendly: Polypropylene is a recyclable material, which means that carpets made from this material can be easily recycled at the end of their useful life. This makes them an eco-friendly choice for homeowners and businesses looking to reduce their environmental impact.
In summary, polypropylene carpets offer a range of benefits and features that make them an excellent choice for a wide range of applications. Their durability, stain resistance, low maintenance, and eco-friendliness make them a popular choice for both residential and commercial use.
Saxony carpet is a popular type of cut-pile carpet that is known for its luxurious and soft texture. It is a type of carpet that has a plush, dense, and uniform appearance due to its high twist level and yarn density. Saxony carpets are made from various materials, such as nylon, polyester, and wool, and are available in a wide range of colours and patterns. Here are some unique features of Saxony carpet:
Soft and luxurious: Saxony carpet has a soft and luxurious texture that adds a touch of elegance and comfort to any room. It is ideal for living rooms, bedrooms, and other areas where you want to create a cosy and inviting atmosphere.
Durable and long-lasting: Saxony carpet is made from high-quality materials and has a dense pile, which makes it durable and long-lasting. It can withstand heavy foot traffic and is resistant to stains and wear and tear.
Great insulator: Saxony carpet is a great insulator and can help to reduce energy costs by keeping your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer. It also absorbs sound, making it ideal for areas where noise reduction is important.
Versatile: Saxony carpet is available in a wide range of colours and patterns, making it easy to find the perfect carpet to complement your home’s decor. It can also be used in a variety of settings, from formal to casual, depending on the style and colour you choose.
Easy to maintain: Saxony carpet is relatively easy to maintain and clean. Regular vacuuming and occasional professional cleaning will keep it looking its best for years to come.
In summary, Saxony carpet is a popular type of carpet that offers a luxurious and soft texture, durability, great insulation, versatility, and ease of maintenance. Whether you are looking to add a touch of elegance to your home or create a cosy and inviting atmosphere, Saxony carpet is a great choice.
Loop Pile Carpet
Loop pile carpet is a type of carpet that is distinguished by its looped fibres. The fibres are woven into loops and then attached to a backing, creating a durable and versatile carpet. Loop pile carpets can be made from a variety of materials, including wool, nylon, polyester, and polypropylene. They are often used in high-traffic areas because they are resistant to wear and tear. Here are some unique aspects of loop pile carpet that you may not know:
Different Loop Heights: Loop pile carpet comes in various loop heights, ranging from low to high. The height of the loop affects the texture and appearance of the carpet. Low-loop carpets have a smooth and even appearance, while high-loop carpets have a more textured and plush appearance.
Versatility: Loop pile carpets are incredibly versatile and can be used in a wide range of spaces, from commercial settings to residential homes. They are commonly used in high-traffic areas like hallways, entryways, and stairs.
Durability: Because of the looped fibres, loop pile carpet is more durable than other types of carpet. The loops help to prevent wear and tear, making loop pile carpets ideal for high-traffic areas. They are also resistant to stains and can be easily cleaned.
Softness: Despite its durability, loop pile carpet is also soft and comfortable to walk on. The loops provide a cushioning effect underfoot, making it a popular choice for bedrooms and other areas where comfort is a priority.
Design Options: Loop pile carpet comes in a variety of colours, patterns, and textures. From solid colours to intricate patterns, there is a loop pile carpet to suit every design aesthetic. Additionally, the variety of loop heights and textures available means that you can create a truly unique look for your space.
Overall, loop pile carpet is an excellent choice for those looking for a durable, versatile, and comfortable flooring option. With its unique texture and design options, it can help to add character and style to any space.
Find the right carpet for you at Allied Carpets
To make things easier, we've broken down our carpet ranges to ensure you find the right carpet for you.
Wool Twist Carpets
Our selection of Wool Twist Carpet
Wool Loop Carpets
Our selection of Wool Loop Carpets
Our selection of Saxony Carpets
Our selection of Twist Carpets
Our selection of Striped Carpets
Our selection of Patterned Carpets